Thursday, February 20, 2020

Time to update


Yes, my blog is in serious need of an update.  I've been so busy quilting since my last post  (yikes, almost 3 years ago?!!!)  that I haven't taken time to write about any of my projects since then.  Soon after that last post I joined a local quilt guild which has filled up my quilting time with lots of new projects.  It has challenges, charity projects, show and tell, a show every other year, workshops, etc.....all things that have kept me busy and involved.

One recent project came from a workshop I attended last fall on making a Farmer's Wife Sampler quilt. It was led by Penny Streeter from Penny's Patches, Troy PA.  The book includes a CD with templates to print, but doesn't include directions for the  6 inch blocks (111 of them) that make up the quilt. Penny collaborated with the book author and with the Electric Quilt company to put together paper piecing templates as an alternative way to make the blocks.  I had only tried paper piecing once before and didn't like it at all, but was game to give it another shot.  I'm really glad I did, because with the proper tools and Penny's excellent instructions, I found it worked well for me.  So far I've completed 100 blocks.










No comments: