I participated in a Simple Whatnots program at my local quilt shop last year and am continuing to work on finishing the various little quilts (some with kind of funny names) made with Kim Diehl fabrics and patterns.
I pieced this one last fall, didn't feel like making all those little yo-yos, so set it aside until now. I finally stopped procrastinating, made the yo-yos, and stitched them on. This is a fairly small quilt, 12 1/2" x 14 1/2".
This 13 1/2" x 18 1/2" quilt was also pieced last fall and set aside to do the applique after Christmas. The pattern called for appliques with the same cotton fabric used in the piecing, but I decided to do wool applique instead. It was stitched down with my machine buttonhole stitch.
This was the smallest of the club quilts at 10 1/2 x 11 1/2". The half square triangle blocks are just 1". Usually I make HSTs by stitching 2 squares together 1/4" each side away from a diagonal line drawn in the middle of the square and cutting apart on the drawn line, making 2 identical squares. This time, I remembered I had an Accuquilt fabric cutter triangle die of the exact size to make finished 1" squares, so I used it to cut all the triangles. They were so accurately cut that they stitched together really well.
This is one of the larger quilts, 28 1/2" square. The pattern had directions for adding the center applique, or just using more rows of triangles. I liked the applique look better so went with that option using the iron on fusible web method. I haven't quilted this one yet. All the flying geese units were made by stitching squares on the diagonal on each end of the background rectangles, folding the squares back, and cutting off the excess. When I stitched the squares on, I stitched an extra seam 1/2" away from the diagonal stitching line, resulting in 2 already stitched small half square triangle squares left from each unit. I have them all set aside ready for a new project. Yaay.